" I am not sovereign over my children - God is. And God will use every aspect of my human parenting, EVEN MY SINS AND FAILURES to shape my children into who He desires them to be, for the sake of His kingdom." --from Parenting if Your Highest Calling....by Leslie Leyland Fields
I don't know about you, but I think this is incredibly encouraging!! Especially on a day like today--Micah is on day 4 of throwing up, Makenzie is sick and tired of Micah getting all mom's attention and is doing her best to draw attention by screaming and throwing fits over everything even to the point of screaming at me "I don't want a fruit snack ever ever again." (Those of you who know my daughter know that she LIVES for fruit snacks :)). I wish I could tell you that I turned into supermom and spent my day taking care of my poor sick boy while giving my 3 year old all the attention she needed...and I could tell you that, but it wouldn't be true! The truth is, I've turned into a total crab--I've crabbed at Micah when he's crying to be held and I'm trying to switch yet another load of puked on laundry. I've crabbed at Makenzie for needing my attention while I'm trying to tend to Micah. I've crabbed at Tom for not helping the way I thought he should help. I nearly bit off my secretary's head when she didn't understand my instructions over the phone. Not exactly the picture of the mom I want to be! But what an encouragement to know that God uses all of me, even my sins, even my failures, to shape my children into who He desires them to be! Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment