Before I was a mom, I never knew:
* how exasperating putting shoes and socks on a 2 year old could be….especially when it’s the 4th time I’ve put them on in 20 minutes as we’re trying to get out the door, and I know he’ll take them off as soon as he’s buckled in his car seat which means we’ll put them on yet again before we get to our destination.
* how glorious a WHOLE night of sleep with NO interruptions could be (or how exhausting countless nights with babies waking up too many times to count would be)!
* that I would get tired of words like “mama carry” that some days I would want to scream
And quite frankly, I’m glad I didn’t know these things or I might have chosen differently…..and I wouldn’t have ever known:
* that the sound of little feet sneaking into my bedroom at the crack of dawn would melt my heart and bring a smile to my face.
* that I would be sad when I realize I’ve heard phrases like “mama carry” for the last time because it means my babies are growing up
* the joy and amazement (and understanding of “faith of a child”) that would come in hearing my 4 year old explain that she has eternal life because she asked Jesus into her heart and now He lives there.
No comments:
Post a Comment