Monday, June 24, 2013

Long time, no post....

If it feels a little like I fell off the blogger band wagon....it's because I did! Life is just plain crazy around here friends and I can't keep up! Anybody else feel like they're treading water, barely able to keep afloat? That's where I'm at, and I'm not really sure what to do about it! Hang on and enjoy the ride, I think. I've been having a major case of mom guilt. Anybody else do this? It's Makenzie's "last summer" before Kindergarten, so of course I had all sorts of grand ideas about what a fun summer we would have together. Then my partner had heart surgery so I took on his cases and my own, so work got extra busy.  And we signed Makenzie up for t-ball. And Makenzie and Micah both thought gymnastics sounded fun. Add in Y-camps, a trip to Texas to see my ADORABLE new nephews, and all of a sudden I realize summer is going to be over and I don't even know where it went.

Then last week, I realize I should put the school calendar into my google calendar (because after all, if it's not in google calendar, it doesn't exist, right?!?). As I'm filling in the first day of Kindergarten, I realize that I already have a two day trial scheduled for not just the first day of school, but the first AND second day. And the mom guilt hit like a ton of bricks. You know, the thoughts like, seriously I'm the worst mom ever, what kind of a {terrible} parent misses their child's first day of Kindergarten....worse yet, what kind of a mom sends their kid to daycare or has a grandma pick them up from their first day of school. Once I calmed down a little and a slightly more stable side of me returned, I figured out that although there's really no hope of getting the trial moved, I can probably take Makenzie to her first day of school to and still get to court on time....and I know full well, that Makenzie will be equally more thrilled to see Grandma after school than she is to see her mom.  

So, here's my pep talk for tonight (mostly because I need to tell myself this).  If you're a mama, especially a busy one (is there such a thing as a not busy mama??), give yourself a little grace! We aren't perfect (SHOCK!) and trying to pretend we're perfect is only going to wear us out!  My own shortcomings and imperfections show my own need for a Savior.  And if there's only one thing in this life that my kids learn, I hope it's that they need Jesus....so maybe, just maybe, they'll see there imperfect, mess of a mama and her huge need for Jesus and realize they're in the same boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment