Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dilemma….

With Baby #3 on the way, we have a HUGE problem at our house.  I think I mentioned in my last blog….we have 2 bedrooms on the main floor of the house and the new house won’t be built for AT LEAST a year (I’m banking on it being closer to 18 months or 2 years…..but that’s another story).  Anyway, the bottom line is we’re stuck with the house we have now and we’re just going to have to make it work.  The solution: move everyone to the basement where we have 3 rooms that can be used as bedrooms.  I’ve decided to put Makenzie and Micah in the biggest room in the basement so that we have more room for toys in their bedroom (which will hopefully translate to less toys all over the rest of the house).  We have a set of old bunk beds that I’m going to paint black – and leave as 2 separate twin beds….no bunks yet!

So here’s the dilemma:  how do I decorate their room???  I’m trying to come up with semi-coordinating bedding that will look good together now but that I love enough to want to keep when we have a new house and they have their own rooms…..so far I’ve looked at no less than 50 websites and found NOTHING.  I take that back, I found one set…pink polka dots for Makenzie, blue polka dots for Micah….but I wasn’t thrilled with it. 

Today I started thinking about maybe just trying to find bedding for each of them that has one common color – maybe a green or brown….something that I can use for curtains and paint, and just not worry about the bedding matching or even coordinating for that matter. 

Any suggestions, comments, good ideas, etc are welcome – ready?? Go! 

1 comment:

  1. The October issue of Martha Stewart Living has a GREAT article about this called "State of Play" and is partly about a brother/sister sharing a bedroom in NYC. The gist of the decorating scheme was using a range of colors and picking a main accent color (orange in this case) that appealed to both kids. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete