My poor little man spent the last 2 days running around with a fractured wrist. AND….he fractured that wrist in the church nursery, under MY supervision. ugh!
I’m not sure exactly how he did it – I watched him climb up into a glider rocker in the nursery Sunday morning and he was sliding back out of the chair when I turned to look at another kiddo, and the next thing I knew he was laying face down beside the chair screaming. I didn’t think a lot of it, he did cry pretty hard, but he’d been overly emotional and clingy all morning…we came home from church and he didn’t eat any lunch, instead he snuggled on the couch with me and we both fell asleep. He woke from his nap much, much happier and that was the end of it (or so I thought). He went to daycare yesterday and I didn’t even mention anything to our daycare gal, then I was home with him today and several times he complained of his arm hurting, twice when I was holding his hands to pull him up. After 4 separate incidents of him crying about his arm hurting (all before noon), I decided I better have him checked out….after 2 hours at the doctors office, we found out he had a buckle fracture in his wrist. Poor little man! Honestly though I think the cast bothers him almost more than the fracture! He’s so stinkin cute though!
Still feeling a little sorry for himself….and maybe hoping for a little sympathy!
Hamming it up for mom!
Letting sissy decorate his cast. I think it might be just as hard to be the big sister who had to spend 2 hours in the doctors office and go home WITHOUT a cast!
Just out of the bath….check out the plastic bag on the arm! Is it permissible to resort to sponge baths when your toddler has a cast?? I can’t fathom how we’re going to keep that thing dry (or even slightly clean!!) for the next 3-4 weeks!
It hasn’t slowed him down a bit, and thankfully he even went to bed without any trouble tonight… the glow in the dark cast must have been a good choice! It was either that or purple.
No comments:
Post a Comment