We spent all of last week in Texas and got home Monday night –so I did NOTHING last week (and it was glorious!) but I set out to get a number of things done even though I knew it was going to be a short and crazy week! Here’s the run down:
Monday night – Unload all the bags. I actually had to finish this Tuesday, but I got most everything unloaded Monday night…clean clothes put away, dirty clothes in the laundry basket.
Tuesday – This was my one day home this week and my kids were so excited to just have some “play” time, that I actually got a lot done! The kids helped me clean out the refrigerator in the morning (correction, Makenzie helped, Micah slammed the door into my back about 17 times God bless 2 year old boys!) The fridge was nearly empty anyway – and with the shelves empty I was shocked to see just how disgusting they were, so we cleaned out the nasty leftovers (that had been in there at least 10 days because we had been gone that long) and the expired condiments and wiped down all the shelves before we went to the grocery store to restock. During nap time, I used all my Shutterfly coupons and made some super cute valentines cards (with the adorable pictures I took at my sister’s wedding….look for a whole wedding post coming soon!!) Tuesday night after kiddos were in bed I cleaned out all my 2011 files, compiled it into 2 big files that can go in a box for safekeeping, and made new files for 2012. I’m a little bit neurotic (okay maybe a lot neurotic) about my record keeping and files, so it was good to get this done! I also cleaned out our insurance notebook and updated it with all the current insurance information. Last task for Tuesday – write Christmas thank yous! Don’t judge!
Yes I realize we’re nearly a month past Christmas, but at least they are done!! Oh yeah, and I put Tom on the task of writing down all of Micah’s teeth in his baby book….he’s the master at keeping track of this, but he puts in on the calendar….so tonight he transferred it all to the baby book for me.
Wednesday – Addressed all the Christmas thank yous and mailed them….exactly one month after Christmas. Timely.
I’m not sure I got anything done Thursday or Friday, but we had a super productive weekend! I finally got both kids’ names hung on their walls – which means as soon as we find a picture to hang above Makenzie’s bed their room is DONE! (We’ve looked several times, but can’t find anything she’s thrilled about). Hooray for finished projects! We also took down the crib and moved it to the “new” nursery in the basement with the rest of our bedrooms. The crib has been reassembled and the vinyl wall lettering I got for Christmas is FINALLY up on the wall above the crib. Setting up the crib made me kick into nesting mode (after all, we only have 12 weeks to go!), so I dug out baby blankets (some blue and some pink because I’m fairly certain my hubby would not let his son leave the hospital in a pink blanket) and got them washed up and put away. Final task of the day - the last of the junk FINALLY made the trip to goodwill (thanks to my hubby and dad) so we can go back to parking 2 cars in our 2 car garage.
Sunday— I finally finished the questionnaire that I’ve been supposed to fill out since early December for our new financial planner/advisor, and ran to my office to copy all the documentation I had to send with it. This has been sitting on my counter for nearly 2 whole months….SO good to have it done! I decided last night that I wasn’t going to “do” anything other than hang out with my kiddos today, so anything that was going to get done had to get done during naptime!
No comments:
Post a Comment