1st day back from vacation + 1st day at a new daycare + 57 email messages in my inbox + 3” of pink message slips with phone calls from clients + a 28 week pregnant mama + not enough sleep = a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Literally I was in tears 4 times before noon. Sometimes for legitimate reasons like leaving my babies at daycare. Sometimes for maybe not quite so legitimate reasons like one of my partners telling me about taking his daughter to the airport last week for her semester at sea. Thankfully that partner has 3 daughters of his own, so he’s not alarmed by tears! My other partner (who raised 2 boys….no girls) would have been scared half to death by me sobbing in his office.
The good news – by the end of the day it really wasn’t such a terrible day! I got through all the emails AND the phone messages. The kids both had a good day (although I don’t think Makenzie napped, so she was a little extra dramatic and teary tonight….wonder where she got that??) When I asked them both what the best part of the day was, Micah told me “play” and Makenzie said, “you’re not going to believe this mom….they have a gym to play in and we got popcorn and popsicles for snacks.”
No comments:
Post a Comment