Yes, today I’m thankful for ear infection….and thankful for new meds that will hopefully take care of the ear infection and the oh.so.crabby almost 2 year old suffering from it! Poor Micah man started in on a nasty cold almost 2 weeks ago –10 days ago we got antibiotic for ear infection, and in the last 2 weeks his behavior has gone from bad to worse, including 40 minute long screaming fits each of the last several days, clinging to mom for dear life and having huge meltdowns when mom leaves the room, even if its just to go to the bathroom! It was about enough to make me think I was going to lose my mind. Today I decided I couldn’t take it anymore – so we went back to the doctor hoping to find that there was something wrong (other than the terrible 2’s)!
After we survived a super crabby nurse who set off the super crabby boy and led to a HUGE meltdown over whether or not he had to take off his coat to be weighed (seriously, we were just there 10 days ago, can you just humor the kid and weigh him with his coat on??), we discovered that his ears are STILL infected. Not that I would wish an ear infection on my little guy, but I was so glad to (hopefully) have an explanation for the terrible behavior!! Now we’re just hoping the new meds do the trick –on the ear infection and the behavior!
No comments:
Post a Comment