Monday, August 8, 2011

A Love/Hate Relationship

I haven’t decided yet if I’m bipolar or just what causes me to have such a love/hate relationship with things….
1.)  Micah sharing my breakfast.  Every. morning.  Micah gets up and eats breakfast with Tom and then as soon as I sit down to the table, he’s ready for round 2…..but round 2 must consist of whatever I’m eating (and not his own version of whatever I’m eating…we’re talking share the same yogurt and eat off the same spoon….alternating bites.)  Cute, yes, but sometimes I just want to eat my own yogurt!!
2.)  Makenzie deciding she’s a mama’s girl.  She is almost always a mama’s girl and 99% of the time I love it (who doesn’t love being the favorite, right?)  But lately Micah has decided to be a mama's boy....and one mom demanded by 2 kids 24/7 equals a mama sometimes just needs a break! 
3.)  Building a house.  Tom and I bought two lots about a month ago and building is something I am SUPER excited about, but it is also causes me way more anxiety than it should.  I want to get started NOW, but we have to wait on the city to put in water/sewer/utilities (yes, it would be good to have indoor plumbing in the new house!) which will probably take until at least spring.  This means we don’t even start building until spring, but I’m antsy to get started on plans etc…..and getting a budget into place for this new house because the potential cost also has me freaking out! 
4.)  My job.  I absolutely LOVE my job, but I’ve spent most of the last two weeks trying to answer interrogatories and respond to requests for production of documents (translation: sorting through ridiculously huge stacks of my client’s records trying to decide what to give the opposing party)  I HATE discovery! 
5.)  Drill weekends.  It really is a lot of fun to spend a weekend in Lincoln once a month….it’s a great chance for me to see lots of friends I probably wouldn’t otherwise see, but it’s also such.a.pain.  Every light in the motel goes at at 8 pm when the kids go to bed.  At the slightest noise, Micah is standing up in his pack n play yelling “mama, mama”.  Morning nap = nonexistent.  Saturday afternoon naps generally go well….for all 3 of us, because after all  wouldn’t want to make any noise and wake the sleeping babes!  Sunday afternoon naps are nearly impossible – checkout time is noon, even with a “late” checkout, they want us out by 1 (aka naptime)….and we never know what time Tom will get done.  Sometimes as early as 1:30, sometimes not until 4…..totally stresses me out, and it never fails, if I lay kids down at a friends house, Tom is done as soon as kids are out.  If I keep them up or plan on naps in the car, he’s not done till  4 and I’m stuck trying to entertain two way too tired crabby kiddos. 
On a happier note, the kids and I spent Sunday at the Lincoln zoo….SO.MUCH.FUN.  Pictures coming soon! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment