1.) Makenzie’s new night light. Less than $5 at Pamida and seriously a miracle worker!! After I left for Texas for 4 days (which came at the end of Tom’s 30 days away from home), Makenzie went into some sort of crisis mode and decided she couldn’t sleep through the night. Literally, EVERY.NIGHT. She’d be in our room sometimes as many as 4 times…and each time I’d take her back to bed and lay in her bed with her until she fell asleep (sometimes I’d just sleep there the rest of the night because I’d fall asleep before she did). Anyway…she always told me she was scared…so finally one day, I got smart and asked what her help her to not be scared. She said leaving a light on….not really an option, particularly since she and Micah share a room….but we compromised, went to Pamida and bought a night light. That was 10 days ago and she hasn’t been up a single time since! LOVE that nightlight…and that girl….and the fact that the nightlight keeps the girl in her bed all night so I can stay in mine!
2.) Micah’s pacifier. Another miracle working tool at our house. I tried to take it away today and after 20 minutes of screaming his head off at nap time, I gave it back. I promise I’ll get rid of it before he starts Kindergarten, but for now it provides me a much needed break from Micah man’s high pitched screaming. And, I just can’t resist when he looks at me with those big blue eyes and says in his saddest voice, “pa, pa, pa.” LOVE the paci….and the boy….and the fact that my boy still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps all night if he has his paci so I can sleep too! I promise not everything on this list has to do with me getting sleep!
3.) My new tomato cages….correction, tomato towers. Pricey yes, but I love them. For the first year ever, my tomatoes are actually still standing tall in their cages and I will actually go pick them. Before I always made Tom pick because I was sure I was going to find a snake digging around on the ground through the huge mess of fallen tomato plants and cages.
4.) Netflix….actually, I THINK I’m going to love Netflix. And yes, I realize I’m totally behind the times and any “cool” factor I might have had going for me is completely gone….but I’m okay with that….and I’m still excited about Netflix! We don’t have cable/satellite etc.…..haven’t for 4 years and honestly I haven’t really missed it. Tom cringes every year at football season and we talk about getting cable, but for the few football games a year we can usually find a place to watch the games (Thank you Bruce and Sharon!). It started as just a way to save money –when we first moved to Holdrege, we still at our apartment in Lincoln, I was still in school and Tom had just graduated, so in an effort to cut back on bills, we decided not to get cable. And I never missed it, so we just never got it. (If Tom has missed it he hasn’t complained much…other than football season.) My neighbor told me a week or so ago that I could get Netflix for $7.99 a month and watch it on tv through our Wii. Hello, why didn’t I know this before now!! I was hoping to try it out tonight but that didn’t happen, but hopefully by next week I can report that I really do love Netflix as much as I think I’m going to!
5.) Cooler weather. LOVE the weather these past few days, LOVE having my windows open, LOVE being able to play outside with the kids without thinking I’m going to die. Makes me ready for fall.
I’m off to bed (after all, its nearly 10pm on a Friday night, isn’t that what everybody does?!? ) Someday I’ll get pictures off the camera and onto the computer….and on here for you all to see! Someday when I haven’t chased kiddos all day, cleaned out my flower beds and filled them with new mulch, sprayed roundup on all the weeds out front, chopped the weeds around the garden and cleaned my house so its ready to show tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment