How does it happen? How did my "baby" Makenzie get big enough to go to gymnastics? I managed to avoid all "big girl" things like preschool, for one more year but Makenzie decided this year that she wanted to do gymnastics, so we said goodbye to Kindermusik and signed her up. Tonight was her first class and I was about in tears. Pitiful, I know. It's only a 45 minute class and she spends 9 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays in daycare....it's not the leaving her that gets me (although even after nearly 4 years of that it's still not easy), the thing that really gets me is just how grown up she is. All of a sudden she's not even a toddler anymore (Micah man probably fits in that category....and I still think he's my baby)....she's a little girl. A little girl who will start preschool next fall and Kindergarten the following year. Oh my! Time goes too fast!
But it was super fun to watch her little gymnastics class and the smile on her face as she showed me all the things she learned was priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment