Friday, September 23, 2011

What I’m Loving (this week)

Micah
* will FINALLY sit and read a book with me and it doesn’t even have to be a touch and feel book, we made it through Dr. Suess’ Foot Book three times today!
* won’t go to bed without kissing and hugging his sister….seriously, cutest thing ever!  He also loves to crawl in her bed and pretend he’s going to sleep there….tried it, it doesn’t work, but cute nonetheless!
* his enthusiasm every time he answers a question, whether it’s “are you ready for bed” or “do you want to go outside” the answer is almost always an cheerful “yah”…unless of course the answer is “uh-uh” Smile
* tries to mimic EVERYTHING his sister does, her gymnastics moves, the way she spits her toothpaste out after she brushes her teeth, holds her stuffed animals…seriously Pete and Repeat.  Love it! 
* is cooking, cooking cooking….I love that he loves to help me cook, pretend he’s cooking…anything to do with cooking! 
* his love for EVERYTHING BOY –sticks, locust shells, anything he can turn into a weapon (although I don’t love it quite so much when he uses his new found “weapons” to beat his sister which also happens on a regular basis)
Makenzie
*  loves “bynastics”…and I love even more than she calls it “bynastics”
* has an uncanny ability to make her brother giggle – I love that she recognizes when he’s getting sick of the situation (particularly at the grocery store or any where else we might be shopping/running errands) and she goes into entertainment mode doing whatever she can to entertain Micah man.  The two of them laughing together is no doubt the best sound on earth! 
* is my favorite little helper!!  She loves to help with everything – she folds all the towels and washcloths on laundry days, she helps unload the dishwasher, cleans the lint trap on the dryer everytime we change loads of laundry, and LOVES to crack eggs when we’re cooking (which may or may not have meant daddy got egg shell in his birthday cake this week!) Smile
* talks like she’s 3 going on 16….this week I’ve heard, “also,…” and “mom, I was going to tell you”
* tells me everyday “I love you and I like you….”
I think its safe to say I am blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment