All 3 kids are napping AT THE SAME TIME and I’m actually rested enough to blog instead of feeling like I’m going to collapse in a heap….that’s an answered prayer in itself!! It’s hard to believe my baby girl is a week old today –and to celebrate, here’s a quick 5 answered prayers this week:
1.) Tom was home for Gracyn's birth….he got home Sunday night before she was born Monday evening. He was gone Thursday morning-Sunday night and I was nervous that I was going to go into labor while he was gone and he wouldn’t make it home in time.
2.) Gracyn is PERFECT! I can’t tell you what an answered prayer it is to have such a laid back baby girl! I was more than a little stressed about the idea of adding a 3rd child to our family and was downright terrified that this baby might be as colicky as Micah was….don’t get me wrong, I love Micah man dearly, but he was NOT an easy baby (he got easier once we got the MSPI issues figured out….but it wasn’t a very fun start)!
We still don’t know if we’re dealing with any MSPI issues—I cut dairy and soy just to be on the safe side and once we’re into a good nursing routine I’ll try adding them back slowly and see how we do. Whether its due to the diet changes or not, she’s a very content, laid back little girl….and we are very thankful!
3.) Makenzie and Micah have adjusted very easily! Another HUGE answer to prayer! If you know my Micah man, you know he’s a major mama’s boy and I’ve prayed and prayed that he would handle the addition of another baby easily…..and he has! He dotes over “baby sista” constantly and loves to tell us about her tiny ears and tiny nose. He kisses on her and hugs her (sometimes a little too roughly but she’s pretty forgiving!) Makenzie is thrilled to have a baby sister and loves to “share” with her (i.e. give Gracyn all sorts of stuffed animals and blankets….especially when we’re ready to go out the door which means I end up with an armful of gifts to take with us!) She loves to help me and is pretty sure she could take care of Gracyn without any help.
4.) My own recovery has been easy –I felt like I was slow to recover after Micah’s birth and was slightly terrified at the prospect of trying to manage 3 children (4 and under) by myself when Tom went back to work, but I have actually felt pretty good and Tom’s been back to work since Thursday with no major catastrophes at home (minus Micah going like 6 hours Thursday without a diaper change because his mother never thought of it…..the good news is, he survived and I’ve managed to remember to change his diaper somewhat regularly since then!)
5.) My hubby has been amazing! He has been great about taking Makenzie and Micah outside to run off energy when he gets off work, doing baths in the evening and picking up the slack around the house so I can rest. Sunday morning he got up with both kiddos and let me sleep for 2 more hours! I wouldn’t want to do this without him!
Wonderful answered prayers! We are so fortunate to have such Anazing and supportive Daddies. I tell Ross all the time I could NOT survive a single mom!!
ReplyDelete