This week just really stinks....there's really not a nicer way to say it! I have a major trial on Friday--starting at 1, running until who knows when (the last one went until after 8 pm). Emotions are WAY to high by all the parties, we're in what appears to be a major control battle with HHS, my clients have a whole lot to lose if the case doesn't go in their favor, and I found out today that apparently the State is going to have a therapist testify who has nothing good to say about my clients....although this therapist has actually never met my clients. And, for the last two months this case has demanded so much of my time and attention that every other client has been basically put on hold.....it feels a little like all my other cases/clients are like the little wooden jenga blocks.....in a pile and about to collapse with even the slightest movement. UGH - needless to say my stress level (and probably blood pressure) are WAY to high!
It's weeks like these that make me want to quit my job, to run from it all and spend all day every day home with my kids. It makes me wonder why I bother even taking these heartbreaking juvenile cases--that take all my time and energy, are rarely rewarding and don't even pay 2/3 of my regular hourly billing rate. But truth be told, when I look beyond my current circumstances....when I look at the big picture rather than my current struggle, I know I'm here for a reason and I know I was appointed to these cases for a reason, and I can trust that as Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength." And I love how, in the midst of work misery, I get to spend a day off with my kids---and how God knows that I needed a break from the challenge that parenting can be....and He gave me just that! A truly fun day with my beautiful babies - we snuggled on the couch and watched Curious George and Cat in the Hat this morning, went swimming at the Y, Focus on the Family podcast while the kids napped and when the kids were up (and it was finally done raining...at least for a couple hours) we played outside until supper time! I LOVE days like this....now if I can just muster the strength to get through the week, I get 4 solid days with my kiddos and hubby and I don't have to think about work again until June! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment