This morning Makenzie and I were snuggled on the couch reading our daily devotion book (I'd love to have you all think we do this every morning....but that's not really the case....we try but there are lots of days we miss. Makenzie LOVES our devotion book though and memorizing the bible verses in it, so that makes reading it together all the more fun!) We're about six weeks into this book - its called Step Into the Bible by Ruth Graham. There's a short reading for each day, some questions to make it easy for mom's and a bible verse to memorize (the bible verse changes each week....so you have a week to get it memorized!) I have been seriously AMAZED at how Makenzie has memorized the bible verses, and kept them in her little memory! She can recite all the verses we've gone through and we're working on our next one!
Anyway - this morning we were reading about the fact that God sent Jesus to earth to show us how much God loves us and that Jesus had to die so that we could be forgiven for our sins. This isn't a new concept for Makenzie, we have talked about it several times and Sunday she stayed in church with Tom (I was home with a crabby boy who I figured out sprouted a new molar...hence the crabbiness!). It was communion Sunday and Makenzie was very curious, she had lots of questions for her daddy about what communion is and whether or not she got to take communion which provided a great opportunity for Tom to talk with her about asking Jesus into her heart. Fast forward to today....we finish our devotion and were talking about forgiveness and Makenzie announced that she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. I told her I thought that was a great idea and before i could say anymore she said "I need to pray" and proceeded to bow her head and fold her hands and say, "Dear Jesus please come live in my heart. I'm sorry for the naughty things I do, those are called sins. Amen." I just sat there, somewhat dumbfounded, totally amazed, crying at the miracle I had just watched firsthand, and totally in awe of how God can work in the heart of a precious three year old little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment