The little man is officially walking!!! And in need of new shoes....
I realize its a little (maybe a lot) strange to post a picture of my son's worn out shoes -- but I just couldn't resist. Micah got these shoes for Christmas --as in less than 6 months ago, and he has completely worn through the toes. It's hard to see but the orange stitching around the toes is completely gone. Who knew crawling was so hard on shoes --who knew BABIES were so hard on shoes?
I've carefully saved all of Makenzie baby clothes and shoes so that if someday there's another Nelsen baby girl, we have it all. At the rate Micah is going, there really isn't any need to save his baby clothes--he has worn the knees out of at least 3 pairs of jeans, a 4th pair is getting pretty thin and even his shorts (which look more like capris on his short little legs) are thin in the knees. And I have a feeling he isn't going to get any easier on things for a whole lot of years!
I took the kids to the children's museum in Kearney today (SO MUCH FUN!!), and an older gal who was there with her granddaughters told me, "I have 5 children, 8 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren, and I've never seen a kid move as fast as your little boy." Thank you ma'm...I'm not sure whether your statement was reassuring or terrifying! :) I know one thing, this mama better start spending a whole lot more time at the Y if I plan on keeping up with him!
I'm also learning that quiet equals trouble with Micah. A couple weeks ago I came upstairs from folding laundry to find Micah covered in crisco with the kitchen cupboard completely unloaded, and a trail of crisco spots across the wood floors where he crawled out to the living room. Today was a reminder of why I don't leave Micah unsupervised....Makenzie and Micah were playing downstairs together and they came upstairs and disappeared (I thought) into their bedroom. Makenzie loves to play in her room by herself so I didn't think much of it and proceeded to clean up breakfast and tidy up the house, until I heard the suspicious sound of Makenzie's plastic bead necklaces hitting the floor. I went to investigate and discovered Micah in the bathroom unloading the entire drawer of necklaces....the only problem - when the drawer is open, you can't open the bathroom door more than about 1/2 an inch. After only a mild freak out, I called my dad and told him he needed to come over as soon as he got to town (he was 15 minutes away) and proceeded to try to coax Micah into shutting the drawer. Thankfully, Micah was totally content--in fact, I think maybe even enjoying the fact that Mom couldn't stop him, and eventually he closed the drawer and I was able to get into the bathroom. And, thankfully I hadn't had to try out my plan of getting a ladder to climb up to the bathroom window and break it so I could get in and get Micah out! :) Life sure got a whole lot more exciting when we added Micah to our family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment