Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mini-Vacation

A month without my hubby has turned into a whole lot of playing and vacationing, and not a lot of working.  I'm not complaining! :)  After spending the 4th in Dubuque, we were home for about a week, then Monday night the kids and I took off for a mini-vacation to Lincoln and Omaha.  SO MUCH FUN!!  It's a little hard to travel with two kiddos by myself, but we totally managed, and we had a great time! 

So far the zoo has been the highlight of the trip....although being spoiled rotten by Grandma Moore is a close second!!  A double stroller might have been a good idea but Makenzie was a trooper.  There was one hill that got the best of her, so I carried her on my back and pushed Micah in the stroller up the mega hill....what a sight I'm sure!



 Checking out the bears
 Good thing at least one of us is smiling!!  Bless Makenzie's heart she's trying to act like she's excited for it....she was BEGGING to ride on the train, until we got on and it started making noise!  The train ride wasn't nearly the hit I expected it to be....may have had something to do with having to take the 2nd seat in the 1st car behind the engine....
 This is how Makenzie spent the entire train ride....
 And this is how Micah spent his train ride....cheap snuggles for Mama!  We had lunch and then hit up the carousel after the train ride...
 Sorry about the chicken Micah man....blame your sister.  She picked the animal she wanted to ride and the zoo staff told me to put you on the one next to her so I could hold onto both of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment