Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quick 5 (Things that Have Made me Smile this Week)

1.  Tom is getting to call EVERY night.  I can't even tell you what a blessing it is to get to talk to him every night...we were prepared for Saturday and Sunday calls only, so this is huge!  The calls have to be short because he's at "camp" and doesn't have any way of charging his phone, so we have to make the battery last all week. 

2.  Tom's grandparents.  LOVE them.  Grampy is 92, Grammy will be 89 in September, and they're celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary in August.  They're amazing and it is so, so fun to get to spend time with them.  I love that they love doting over my children, and I was about in tears as Micah ran up (unprompted) to give great grammy a hug as soon as we walked in the door.  We had a great weekend in Dubuque.  I'm too lazy to post pictures here, but hop over to my shutterfly website for lots of pictures from the weekend.  There's a few on facebook too. 

3.  Micah has turned into a tiger this week.  Literally.  As in, he crawls across the floor as fast as he can, growling the whole way.  It's hilarious!

4.  No Work (and my new secretary who has done a great job of handling things while I'm gone, and calling only with real emergencies!!)  I haven't worked since last Thursday, I have a full day of work tomorrow, one court hearing Friday and a fully day Monday then I'm off for the rest of next week too!!  As much as I love my job, I'm loving a little break from it.  I love a break from the schedule, spending the morning in our jammies, watching cartoons, and I love having the extra time with my babies!

5.  Makenzie taking care of her brother.  Our drive home from Wahoo yesterday was crazy to say the least.  We hit terrible storms (i.e. sheets of rain and 60 mph winds) around York and it was a slow and stressful trip.  Both kids were a little stir crazy and I couldn't even talk to them over the loud rain.  At one point I took my hand off the steering wheel just long enough to throw a partial bag of goldfish at Makenzie and literally yell to tell her to share with her brother.  And she did! :)  She carefully doled out goldfish to her brother, and the two of them were totally content to share goldfish in their carseats, seemingly oblivous to the awful storm and my stress level.  So, so cute!

All in all, we're doing well even without Tom around - anxious for him to get home of course, but we've been SO, SO blessed.  My neighbor was even just over to mow our lawn. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment