Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quick 5 (top signs/reasons I might be losing my mind)

Okay actually Quick 3 because (thankfully) as I was writing this blog I couldn't only come up with 3 blogworthy signs that I've completely lost my mind.  :)

1.  I lost my keys today - searched everywhere, unloaded my entire purse, called my mom in a panick, had her call my brother to see if he picked them up, ran back into Runza and asked the staff if they had seen the keys, walked back out to the car and saw them sitting on the roof of the car over Micah's door.  Apparently I sat them there while I unbuckled Micah from his carseat and left them while we ate dinner with my parents. 

2.  Bathtime.  It requires 2 adults, there's no way around it.  Tonight I got Micah through the bath with no trouble, but while Makenzie was in the bath Micah nearly fell in the tub, unrolled toilet paper, started shredding it & dipping it in the toilet...when I shut him out of the bathroom so I could get Makenzie's hair rinsed out (w/o his help) he unloaded Makenzie's clothes baskets & threw them down the stairs.  Bathing them together is out of the question - Micah torments his sister, which makes her scream, and Makenzie spends the entire bath analyzing why her bottom looks different than Micah's....it's easier to let Micah destroy the house while Makenzie takes a bath.  Thank goodness bedtime comes right after bathtime!

3.  Last minute court hearings.  Not really last minute, just last minute for me because the hearing didn't make my calendar.  Not my fault (at least not this time) because I never got a notice of the hearing--neither did any of the other attorneys but they had all talked at a team meeting that my client and I weren't invited to.  Nice.  Thankfully I had several reports for the hearing in my mail this morning and figured out I had a hearing about 4 hours before it started.

And now my children are all tucked into bed, looking like little angels, my keys are tucked safely into my purse and my court hearing tomorrow has been on the calendar for months....tomorrow is looking promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment