Reason #1:
Yesterday we picked my mom up at the airport in Omaha and as we were headed up the escalator, a guy in ACUs (army combat uniform) was hurrying up the elevator behind us and then passed us as soon as we reached the top (he seemed to be in a huge hurry...I'm guessing to catch his flight). As we walked past us Makenzie says really loudly, "That guy looks like my dad. But he's not here right now." Truth is the guy didn't look anything like her dad, except the ACUs. I was pretty sure the guy heard us and was more than a little embarassed. I started saying to Makenzie, "your daddy has a uniform like that one doesn't he.....and the guy stopped, smiled at Makenzie and said, Your dad must be in the army too. That's cool." Seriously made Makenzie's day....she smiled, hid behind my leg and then as the guy walked away she said, "That guy talked to me. Does my dad have a backpack like his too?" :)
Reason #2:
Today Makenzie requested a grapefrut with her breakfast and as I was cutting it we were discussing whether or not she needed to share 1/2 of it with her brother. She was pretty sure she didn't need to and then she said, " Well, do you know my dad? Because one time a long time ago, he gave Micah a bite and Micah spit it out." Has she really forgotten that I know her dad?? :)
9 days and Tom will be home!! And 6 days until I get to see him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment